John was introduced to the ideology in the use of Complementary/Digital Currency through his membership in a Barter/Trade Exchange in New Zealand in 1982.
In 1983 he commenced study and research into the management and use of Barter/Trade Exchanges and Complementary/Digital Currency in the USA and Canada.
In 1989 he was responsible for the inception of the Reciprocal Trade Industry in Australia by establishing Australia’s first commercial computerised Barter/Trade Exchange, the Australian Contra Banc.
Over the past 24 years John has been a presenter at many business educational seminars and workshops, in New Zealand, Canada, Vanuatu and in Australia from the Tablelands in Cairns down to Adelaide enlightening attendees in the reasons why and how business operators use a Barter/Trade Exchange, Private Issue Paper Money and Complimentary/Digital Currency to improve bottomline profits.
John has consulted to numerous independent trading operations in the commencement and operation of Barter/Trade Exchanges.
He has also been invited to be guest speaker for various commercial business networking groups and chambers of commerce gatherings.
John advocates the doctrines of “lassez faire” an economic doctrine that opposes governmental regulation and interference in commerce beyond the minimum necessary for a free enterprise system to operate according to its own economic laws.
In 1990, John was the first Australasian and first person living in the Southern Hemisphere to sit and pass the stringent oral and written Certified Trade Broker Accreditation Examination laid down by the International Reciprocal Trade Association (IRTA, based in USA), to be awarded with the industry’s professional designation of Certified Trade Broker (C.T.B.).
At IRTA’s annual convention in Los Angeles in 1991, John was also awarded IRTA’s most prestigious Barter Ambassador Award for his dedication and ongoing promotion of IRTA and the reciprocal trade industry.
▪ “Learnt more about trade than I have learnt from practical experience in 4 exchanges over the past two years … also learnt how to spend down all my trade dollars.”
▪ “Very organised, creative ideas”
▪ “What I saw and heard within a few hours, changed the whole way I look at doing business. I thank John very much for transferring this knowledge … in a frank and logical manner”
▪ “Motivational, inspirational and thorough”
▪ “The newly gained knowledge on trade techniques … has given us a vastly improved sense of security and confidence”